I am a 22-year-old director/animator/designer currently living in Los Angeles, CA!
I grew up in the small but lovely town of Moorhead, MN –– right across the river from Fargo, ND. There, I taught myself how to draw and animate around the age of 9, largely as a way to occupy my ever-expanding imagination (as well as escape from the Hoth-like winters).
I recently graduated from the University of Southern California's School of Cinematic Arts (BA 2017), where I was able to make several films, including my thesis, Cradle.
I'm currently writing and developing a few new projects, but if you are in need of a storyboard artist/designer/animator/excitable-scamp for a project (or if you just want to chat), feel free to contact me anytime at devon (at) devonm.com!
• Animation Educator's Forum Scholarship, ASIFA-Hollywood 2016
• John Locher Memorial Award, American Association of Editorial Cartoonists 2016
• Provost Undergraduate Research Fellowship, USC 2015-2016
• Top-14 in Cinematic Arts, National YoungArts Foundation 2013
• Minnesota Scholar of Theatre Arts, 2013
• National Finalist (6th Place) in Dramatic Interpretation, NSDA National Speech Tournament 2012
• Best Son Award, Mom 2003
a few of my favorite movies...
• 2001: A Space Odyssey
• Apocalypse Now
• The Diving Bell and the Butterfly
• Dr. Strangelove
• it's such a beautiful day
• The Social Network
• There Will Be Blood